Wednesday, October 16, 2013

SPOTIFY REVIEW: Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr. "The Speed of Things" (Warner Bros.)


            I don’t like NASCAR because I don’t understand the appeal of cars driving around in circles.  Granted, there are a lot of other things people like that I don’t understand as well as things I like that people don’t understand or even maybe I don’t understand but still do like.

            Anyway, the band that should rightfully be named Dale Earnhardt the Third has a new full length out that features some of the songs from that Record Store Day EP that I didn’t like.   As much as I don’t understand NASCAR personally, I can at least understand why some people do like it.   As a matter of fact, “Days of Thunder”, “Talladega Nights” and “Cars” are all movies I enjoy.


            So, yeah, NASCAR, I can see the appeal—why not:  Can this person win, will they crash, etc. etc.   But as for this band, I have no idea why people listen to them or they are still making music since what seems like the dawn of the new millennium.   

No comments:

Post a Comment