Tuesday, September 24, 2013

SPOTIFY REVIEW: Wax Idols “Discipline and Desire”

             Not only is Wax Idols a band name that I remember, I also associate them with being bad for some reason.  So I didn’t bother looking at their previous review:  I knew it was there and I knew it wasn’t flattering. 

            Then when I began listening to this album I had to wonder what I didn’t like about this band before because I liked this album now.  Yes, I went back to the archives but only to see what my short-written complaint was with this band that left a negative mark in my mind.

            This could be post punk, but it also an edgier Go-Go’s feel to it.  The vocals are nasally and remind me of someone that already sings I just can’t place who so I let it slide.  It also reminds me a bit of Oingo Boingo, which I really do like.


            So what was once a name in my mind that meant “Don’t listen to this”, I actually do like this band and am now a fully fledged fan of Wax Idols (I got my fan club card and everything).  I will also have to go back and give “No Future” another chance because some apologies might be in order here.

No comments:

Post a Comment