Tuesday, September 24, 2013

SPOTIFY REVIEW: Sky Larkin "Motto" (Wichita)

             I put this album on, not knowing what to expect, but only really remembering seeing the label name float around a lot on Twitter.  Hey, social media is good for something, right?

            These are beautifully crafted songs lead by strong female vocals that I just could not be more pleased with if I had a say in creating them myself.  I do believe it is time to break down that wall between “male music” and “female music”, but only to the point where we can say “If you like female music, you’ll like this”.  Because while I still believe that music can be defined by gender, I do not feel that liking music should be based upon gender.

            Let’s face it:  There are plenty of bands with both male and/or female vocals to love and/or hate, right?


            So I don’t think you need to be a fan of “female music” to like this one; just a fan of good music in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment