Tuesday, September 24, 2013

SPOTIFY REVIEW: The National “Trouble Will Find Me”

             It’s hard to tell whether something is wrong with me or with all of the people around me.  Many hold The National as one of the best bands that are currently active while also claiming this to be the single best album of 2013.   I know, a lot of other people have named a lot of albums the best of 2013 and I seem to be crapping all over them, but it’s not on purpose.

            I do like The National, and this album to an extent, just not to the same extent as those who feel this is album of the year worthy.  The deep vocals and wholesome tunes remind me of Bruce Springsteen or just anyone who is clichéd and from Anytown, USA. 


            It could just be a matter of whatever has connected all those people to The Grateful Dead, Phish, Dave Matthews Band and My Morning Jacket.  Or I could just be getting older and jaded.  

No comments:

Post a Comment