Wednesday, July 24, 2013

SBSR: Elfsquad “ep1”

<1> “Supernatural Gurl” – And after a brief drum intro, we kick into some heavy fuzz.   Wow is this distorted.  It’s got a distorted garage sound and in some ways could be either High Pop or Hunx.  Why are you on my mind?  So far, with this song, this isn’t bad it’s just not done anything yet to stand out from the pack of other countless bands doing this almost exact same thing.   Why does he waste his time?   There is a slight bit of punk in here as well, but wow, at 2:30 I’m ready for this song to end but it’s still going for some reason.  The drum beat really does seem to be on a loop.  He gives me the whole world!  If only he could stay away…

<2> “Asleep, Stay” – If this song doesn’t pick up, I’m calling it quits.  I am now enforcing a two song rule, haha.   This song has a similar repeat drum beat to the first song, it has a similar guitar line as well.   And now he rhymed “work” with “jerk”.    Okay, I will emphasize this one last time though I’m not even sure if I want to post this review or not:   This music is not bad.   This music is actually good.   But, it doesn’t do anything to stand out or really grab me and for that, I find it hard to continue listening.  Next!

<3> “(She’s a) Social Vampyr”

<4> “Y R U Such a Cunt”

<5> “2 Many Friends”


<6> “Supernatural Gurl” (acoustic outtake) 

No comments:

Post a Comment