Tuesday, March 12, 2013

SBSR: Irontom EP

Irontom EP
<1> “Goin’ Slow” – This song begins with a quiet guitar riff and vocals, which could lead into any number of things at this point.   And now we kick in heavy to that bwamp bwamp bwamp sound that is somewhere between a seedy nightclub and Broadway show.  I can hear both The Rocket Summer and Ben Kweller in this song, which isn’t bad.   And about three minutes in we get the nice musical breakdown with guitar solo.   This is some fine musicianship right here, people.   This song borders on sing-along but just isn’t quite there for me.  Even though it does like the “La da da da dee da” type of sounds. 
<2> “Lady Got Me” – A slow drum beat.   And the start and stop guitar chords.  This song could be The Clash realistically.   He has this one part where he says “Lady Gah-ah-ah-ot me” to stretch out the title and I’m waiting for him to say Lady Gaga.   Also, this does have Aldous Snow elements to it.   If his next song was “The Clap” I wouldn’t at all be surprised. 
<3> “Mind My Halo” – Now this song is dancy and crunchy, so let’s see how it plays out.  I also hear hints of Davy Jones in the voice.  This isn’t a particularly bad song, it just reminds me a lot of Led Zeppelin. 
<4> “My Brothers” – Hey, you may go out of style but I never will, brotha!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment