Monday, February 25, 2013

SBSR: Propeller “Demo”

Propeller “Demo”

<1> “Girlfriends” – The guitar starts like Nirvana, but the vocals are more of a snotty, earlier version of Flaming Lips.  I do like the drums.   This isn’t quite grunge era rock, but it’s a lighter version of something along the lines of Tripping Daisy era rock.   “Every minute with you I wished I was fucking dead”.   Wow.  And it ends with some non-lyrics.

<2> “Jeff Bridges” – This starts sounding like some surf rock.  I always confuse Jeff Bridges with Jeff Daniels.  Which one was in Dumb and Dumber and which one was The Dude?  I know now, but I mean, when I was younger I thought they were the same guy for a long time. 

<3> “Friends with Benefits” – This starts off with a “Polly” type of guitar riff so we’re back to the Nirvana influence.   The loud high pitched vocals at the end of the song do kind of bother me, but otherwise it’s not such a bad song or a bad demo for that matter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment