Thursday, January 3, 2013

A Note About 2012

                In short, 2012 was apparently a great year for music (I seemed to sleep through a lot of these higher quality releases until the final month somehow)   Here are just a few examples of bands that put out music in 2012 that I didn’t get to review but you should check out (based on past experiences) nonetheless:
-          Deerhoof Breakup Song
-          CalexicoAlgiers
-          PinbackInformation Retrieved
-          Two GallantsThe Bloom and the Blight
-          Xiu XiuAlways
-          ConvergeAll We Love We Leave Behind
-          Yeasayer Fragrant World
-          SebadohSecret EP
-          Murder by DeathBitter Drink Bitter Moon
-          Cat PowerSun
                Yes, these releases may all receive individual reviews one day- maybe even more than one line- but as of right now I have nearly 150 releases from 2012 I want to review still, so once I get through those and into 2013 we can go back and discuss these ten that I’m sure- without yet reading my review of them- you can assume you’ll like if you’re already a fan of the band.

No comments:

Post a Comment