Wednesday, October 31, 2012

MP3 REVIEW: You and What Army s/t

You and What Army s/t
                I downloaded this from Noise Trade for free and the first song isn’t that bad, but from there it leaves me wondering why I’m still listening to it.   It has this sort of screamo quality like Scary Kids Scaring Kids or Thrice, but then it mixes in these techno parts which even make the music skip.   I’d call it technocore if that hasn’t been invented and isn’t some other form of worse music yet.
                On the second song (and beyond) I hear these fast paced lyrics that remind me of Bloodhound Gang at best.   At worst, they remind me of Linkin Park and Limp Bizkit.   Am I the only one who remembers 2 Skinnie J’s?  Because I hear them in here too at times. 
                Ultimately, if this band stuck with the rocking and screaming and was a flat out screamo band (even with the techno in it), I could rock it.   But the almost rapping makes me uncomfortable while listening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment