Friday, May 4, 2012

SBSR: James Himself “Demonstration”

Recently, I’ve been downloading and listening to music like crazy from Band Camp.   This is a review of a group of songs by the same band I got from Band Camp- usually it constitutes an EP.   This is a song-by-song review and it is never to exceed six songs.   At the end, I will tell you the “Recommended Downloading Level”, which means whether or not I think you should spend your time downloading these songs.   It’s on a scale from 1 to 5, 5 meaning that you should stop reading my review and download these songs immediately and 1 meaning that if you even think about downloading these songs your computer will be infected with a horrific bad music virus.   Enjoy.
James Himself “Demonstration”
<1> “Play for Keeps” [3:51] – While this is a nice pop rock sound I’m hearing here, there is also this sound continuously keeping the beat.   It’s not that clap sound effect you get on a drum.   It’s not quite the big bang on a balloon popping.   It’s kind of like someone’s stepping on something plastic, such as a milk jug.   Or maybe it’s the sound of someone running over a soda bottle.  I don’t know, but it is the metronome of this song and it is driving me crazy.   Take it out, re-record this song and I will review it again.
<2> “Led On” [2:46] – This song is starting off without that annoying noise, but let’s see what happens when it kicks in.     Nope, I’m still not hearing it in this song, which makes me think it was in the first song on purpose.   If it was in the first song on purpose then I apologize for saying to re-record the track but that just sounded awful.   This sounds like a worship song, though it doesn’t seem to be about Jesus.  So do with that what you will.
                The second song isn’t that bad, but the first one is just unforgiveable because of that noise.   I would wait until James Himself (Wasn’t there a character on Jackass named something Himself?) records something new and hopefully better than this before listening in.
Recommended Downloading Level:  0/5


No comments:

Post a Comment