Thursday, May 10, 2012

SBSR: I the Mighty “Hearts and Spades”

I the Mighty “Hearts and Spades”
Recently, I’ve been downloading and listening to music like crazy from Band Camp.   This is a review of a group of songs by the same band I got from Band Camp- usually it constitutes an EP.   This is a song-by-song review and it is never to exceed six songs.   At the end, I will tell you the “Recommended Downloading Level”, which means whether or not I think you should spend your time downloading these songs.   It’s on a scale from 1 to 5, 5 meaning that you should stop reading my review and download these songs immediately and 1 meaning that if you even think about downloading these songs your computer will be infected with a horrific bad music virus.   Enjoy.
<1> “Technicolor” [3:38] – This song starts us off with vocals and keys in a way that reminds me of The Rocket Summer.   If you add in a little bit of The Early November here and there for posture, this does sound a lot like The Rocket Summer.  There are slight hints of The Academy Is at the end and some sick guitar work.
<2> “Modern Medicine” [3:43] – “She wasn’t insane until the medicine came”
<3> “Hearts and Spades” [4:58] - Yet another song that isn’t that drastically different from the others.  I’m about to give up with two songs left.
<4> “I the Mighty Defeatist” [3:43] – Yeah, I’m done.  I get the point of this.
<5> “Just Drive” [5:58]
                At a time when my world was ruled by New Found Glory, Saves the Day and a slew of other bands that sound along those lines, I the Mighty would’ve been right up there with them.   Seeing as how I don’t care about those bands as much anymore, I have a rather hard time getting into this.  I do recommend it though to teenage girls who shop at Hot Topic.
Recommended Downloading Level:  2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment