Friday, April 27, 2012

SBSR: Shark Bait “Still Growing”

Recently, I’ve been downloading and listening to music like crazy from Band Camp.   This is a review of a group of songs by the same band I got from Band Camp- usually it constitutes an EP.   This is a song-by-song review and it is never to exceed six songs.   At the end, I will tell you the “Recommended Downloading Level”, which means whether or not I think you should spend your time downloading these songs.   It’s on a scale from 1 to 5, 5 meaning that you should stop reading my review and download these songs immediately and 1 meaning that if you even think about downloading these songs your computer will be infected with a horrific bad music virus.   Enjoy.
Shark Bait “Still Growing”
01: “Masks” [3:04] -- Our first song starts with some female vocals and it sounds funky.   Whatitiswhatitswhatitis.    And then we turn into screamo.   Weird, I did not see that coming at all.  But we have this guitar loop on repeat as some guy was screaming like The Dedication.   It kicks in and it still sounds like The Dedication or the screaming parts of mewithoutYou.   And now we have some sort of singing.   This song is all over the place.
02: “Inside Your Head” [4:45] -- Yup.  More of the same with this song.  I shall stop it right here then.
03:  “Growing Pains” [3:00]
04:  “Water Wings” [2:24]
05: “Still Growing” [3:24]
                As I said in the first song, this has that sound of The Dedication and it’s not that I don’t like it, it’s just that to me this is so ten years ago.   Maybe even longer.   If you’re into this type of screamo music now, then by all means these songs might be good for you.   This is just something I outgrew.
Recommended Downloading Level: 2.5 /5

No comments:

Post a Comment