Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Professional Wrestling Review: You Can't CWC Me! - Week 7 Review


Official WWE Results here:

http://www.wwe.com/shows/cruiserweightclassic/2016-08-24

As we make our way into the final week of Round 2 I am coming to terms with certain people not being seen again simply because if it comes down to ZSJ-Ibushi in the finals as I predict it will then it is simply a matter of when and not if we will see certain competitors eliminated- no matter how much I love them.   Still, some interesting match ups here for sure this week and this could quite possibly be the best overall episode of the CWC yet just based upon the matches set up.


Match One: Rich Swann def. Lince Dorado

Since Rich Swann is under a WWE contract I wasn't really hoping for him to win as much as I wanted Lince Dorado to win.  Still, this was one of those high flying matches which makes everyone think of the Cruiserweight style.   Quentin was hoping for Lince Dorado to win because he looks like a kitty and I hope that this isn't the end of Lince Dorado in WWE.   Rich Swann put on a good showing and now he will go on to face the winner of the main event of this episode, which should be interesting.   I don't know.   It's hard because Swann and Dorado have such similar styles, as I expect Johnny Gargano to win in the main event he'd be facing a high flyer in the next round either way and so it'd make for about the same type of match, but yeah, Gargano should win and then defeat Rich Swann to face Kota Ibushi in the FInal Four.   So, in the grand scheme of things, this Lince Dorado loss doesn't matter but I still am going to miss seeing him here.


Match Two: Zack Sabre Jr. def. Drew Gulak

Drew Gulak refused to shake hands and seemed upset that everyone thinks it's a certainty that Zack Sabre Jr is going to at least go to the finals if not win this whole tournament.    This was an interesting match to some extent because Drew Gulak could have been the dark horse to win this thing and knock ZSJ out of it, but at the same time, I stand firm in my belief that ZSJ will go on to defeat Noam Dar in the next round-- the Elite 8-- and then even defeat Gran Metalik in the Final 4 to advance to the finals, but ZSJ vs. Gran Metalik- which will likely be the finals of this side of the bracket- should be a great match and once we get to the Final 4 I feel like all bets are off and anything can happen.    Still, ZSJ-Ibushi finals for me.  Still my prediction- has been since day one.


Match Three: TJ Perkins def. Johnny Gargano

This match came with perhaps the biggest surprise.   I was expecting Gargano and Ibushi to be the Final Four on this side of the brackets with Gargano perhaps being the dark horse who goes all the way because people have made comparisons with him and Daniel Bryan and I just feel like this tournament could be built for him but now I'm not so sure.    TJP is still a fantastic wrestler but I was thinking Gargano was more of a dark horse to win it all than even Drew Gulak.   So TJP will go on to face Rich Swann now- which should be an excellent match in a traditional cruiserweight high flying style- and then the winner of that faces the winner of Ibushi-Kendrick, so basically Ibushi.   I feel like if TJP can defeat Johnny Gargano he should be able to go on to face Ibushi but at the same time I'm surprised Rich Swann has made it this far so he could just as easily go on to face Ibushi.   It makes the Final Four that much more interesting because I really can't choose between TJP and Swann and for all I know Brian Kendrick could still pull the upset.    We also have that unpredictable factor on the other side in the Tozawa-Metalik match and then it's seemingly more certain ZSJ will defeat Noam Dar.   So yeah, we're down to the Elite 8 and things just keep getting better, especially the level of wrestling.  

No comments:

Post a Comment