Friday, December 5, 2014

MP3 Review: Perspective, A Lovely Hand to Hold "Play Pretend" (Broken World Media)


[Name Your Price Download // https://brokenworldmedia.bandcamp.com/album/play-pretend]

This is kind of emo, kind of indie rock and kind of skramz.    There are elements of Piebald in here (quite a few) but then also parts that remind me of I Kill Giants.   I know that I Kill Giants is no longer a band and so I wonder if this would be a suitable replacement for them in that hole they left behind.

These four songs are available as a cassette, which would probably make them cooler somehow, but I'm still not 100% sold on this band.   I want to curl up with them and watch "It's Always Sunny", sure, and I want to like them in general but I just feel like I need to hear more songs by them before I can fully understand what is or is not going on here exactly.

It's four songs of math rock that if I have the chance I will probably buy on cassette and so, yeah, I guess I'm a fan I'm just also waiting for perhaps a full length to come and blow me away.

No comments:

Post a Comment