Tuesday, July 15, 2014

CASSETTE REVIEW: Darebuster “The Test”


            “The Test” is divided into three parts and takes place over the course of a sixty minute cassette.  If the idea of minutes and sections doesn’t affect you then you obviously never had to take finals or anything in high school, and since I practically live across the street from a high school it is something I am constantly reminded of, especially at this, the start of summer.

            Darebuster begins with the sound of Transformers, which is a theme that does come back before all is said and done as well.   There is static.   There are a lot of loops.   It somehow sounds rusty, which I can’t fully explain but you have to hear it to believe it.    Piano pieces and hints of 8bit also come out at various times throughout.

            While these are electro loops, for lack of a better definition, there is something underneath, a story being told.    Though I have my own version of this story in my head (And yes, it involves Transformers), I will leave it up to you to create your own and get your fullest experience from this cassette possible.  







No comments:

Post a Comment