Thursday, June 5, 2014

CASSETTE REVIEW: Les Fontaines “Canandaa e.p.” (Paper + Sound)


            I do feel myself getting more and more into electronic music these days because I realize that a lot of it can be good and not what you think of in the typical sense of electronic music (and all of those bad connotations that can come with the term “techno” or Moby) 

            Les Fontaines bring up those funky electro beats complete with drum machine claps, climbing rhythms and just the overall feel of the jungle.   One of the biggest reasons why I’m listening to this type of music these days (And not just because of the obvious transition from seapunk) is because of Mr. Oizo and he does come out on these songs.

            The basic fact is that I don’t like a lot of electronic music, so you could say I’m rather picky as to what I think is good and what isn’t, but I do like this and think that even if you’re not a fan of the genre or the labels or words I dropped here, you could still rock this cassette.  







No comments:

Post a Comment