Friday, May 9, 2014

MP3 REVIEW: Mopfunk “Missionary Positron” (Virtual Urban Records)

            For me, Mopfunk is the opposite of Acid Druid, if only because of how I found them, and so that really makes me want to see them do a split tape.    This is not my first introduction to Mopfunk by any means, but this is their album from Virtual Urban Records which consequently got me hooked into  this label.

            I never pay attention to the order of things unless I absolutely have to, so let's just say that this is right on par with everything else Mopfunk has done and assume you're listening to it last out of the catalog.   While it still presents the dance beats that make me want to get up and shake my groove thang, toward the end it does begin getting a little Phantom of the Opera-esque.

            This is a great, just stellar piece of music that would be awesome to own on cassette to live next to my other Mopfunk cassette.   But, you know, even if this wasn't all that and a bag of v-chips, it'd still somehow become a staple in my collection because it is what brought me to Virtual Urban.  What is that saying about giving a man a fish versus teaching him to fish?  I forget, but I just hacked all your passwords-- go change them.

No comments:

Post a Comment