Friday, May 9, 2014

MP3 REVIEW: D R E A M “T-120 Casette”



                I was obviously drawn into this release because of the album art, but as I opened the page I found out that the actual cassette was sold out and this was only to be available as name your price download.   Of course I figured I didn’t have a stack of CDs to review and an even larger tower of cassettes, so why not download some more music I can’t get physically but might want.

                This borders on smooth jazz, with some crazy, screwed audio loops, funky beats with synth and eventually something that sounds like it’s straight out of Cakewalk.  Their Bandcamp page has vaporwave tagged, and if this is what that means then fine, but I usually just think of this as being the backing beats to early New Kids on the Block. 

                One of the stronger qualities of this is that it does get better as it goes on, so I definitely do dig that about it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment