Tuesday, May 27, 2014

MP3 REVIEW: BDEE “Food is an Addiction”



                I find it funny that food is an addiction because it’s something that you need to live.   To me, I always read it like, “Yeah, I’m addicted to air too—I can’t stop breathing it”.   But if you breathed in too much air it would probably be bad, just like food addiction is a real and serious problem that I’m not going to get into because I am not the surgeon general or whoever.

                Though it should go without saying based on the title, these songs are about food.  They have an upbeat rock vibe to them that channels punk and can be placed somewhere between Head Automatica and The Clash, though at other times I do hear The Cure coming out as well. 

                There is a certain Illegal Wiretaps presence to be felt here also, but I must say that aside from the music at times sounding like Head Automatica, the vocals especially on most all these songs can remind me of Daryl, but sometimes more when he was singing for Glassjaw than Head Automatica, if that makes any sense at all.

                Mostly, this is just a lot of fun and in some ways reminds me of Yo Gabba Gabba because I’m old and have a two year old.   In my younger days, I’d probably equate the fun factor to something like the Aquabats, but I’m not sure, so let’s just stick with this.

                And anyone who does not think “Mexican Food Makes Me Loco” is a hit is a damned fool.  One of the best songs I have heard quite possibly ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment