Wednesday, May 21, 2014

CASSETTE REVIEW: Shivering Window Rok Lok Singles Club # 9

            I feel like I've heard of the Rok Lok Singles Club before, but I'm not certain I've heard any of the actual cassettes in it.   So I must say that the idea is a great one, in my opinion, and I think it'd be awesome to see it where you get a different cassette mailed to you every month, with a different band and two songs and you pay for the yearly subscription.  I don't know If enough subscriptions could be generated, but I just like the idea of having something where random cassettes get sent to you once a month.   (Perhaps there should be a magazine that comes with a cassette?  Cassettes Monthly, anyone?)

            In any event, these are two songs from Shivering Window who is no stranger here, especially in the world of cassettes.  The first song oddly has the sound of the song “Dancing Days”, while the second for whatever reasons reminds me of someone that I used to know only flipped. 

            The idea of being a Satanist in high school is not uncommon, but what I found to be my relation to the song rather is that there exists a man out there now who I went to church with in my youth and is now quite the opposite of that.  I only know this because I somehow stumbled across his profile on Facebook, but it is kind of curious how someone with so much of an upbringing in the church seemingly turns their back on God.

            The best songs can sometimes launch these feelings and memories inside of you, and I'm also just really digging this because it is a cassingle and I want a cassette club of some kind to be formed. 






No comments:

Post a Comment