Friday, March 7, 2014

SPOTIFY REVIEW: Vertical Scratchers "Daughter of Everything" (Merge)


            This begins as fuzzy garage rock and it brings out Blue Oyster Cult, but my mind quickly changes on that note as I begin to hear such righteous influences come out as Local H, Nirvana, Silverchair and even the first Foo Fighters album.   I don’t remember what other bands are on Merge, but I can tell you that I instantly fell in love with this album and thus this band and if every band on Merge was at this level I could probably name every band on there.

            Reminding me of the first time I heard the Campground Effect right to having some pretty heavy Stone Temple Pilot influences as well (second album era) is just an example of some of the other great ways this band has won me over.  Oh, and the songs aren’t really that long, in a punk rock way, and for that this also brings to mind Dandelion (who come out slightly musically) and I’m just gushing over here because this is so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment