Friday, March 7, 2014

SPOTIFY REVIEW: Tacocat "NVM" (Hardly Art)

             I really like this album from Tacocat.   It’s clean pop punk rock n roll in ways, but it is also other things.  “Party Trap”, for instance, has ska horns on it which is kind of fun.   It can hang up there with contemporaries such as Coleen Green and Peach Kelli Pop, but what I then begin to wonder is what is it that makes this album so appealing to me, yet not that long ago I was saying how we only needed so many bands that sounded similar yet different.

            I’m not one to beat around the bush, so I’ll say it straight out:  What makes me like this album so much, but not Habibi, when they share similar traits?  The answer is… I have no idea.  I just didn’t really like Habibi, but I really do like Tacocat.  Maybe I need to listen to Habibi again, maybe Tacocat has put me under some kind of curse, but who cares.

            Also, I’d like to say that “Crimson Wave” is about menstruating, but the last time I tried to interpret song lyrics in such a manner I got in trouble by pseudo riot grrrls.  (Boo-hoo)


No comments:

Post a Comment