Tuesday, March 25, 2014

CASSETTE REVIEW: mchtnchts “The Spoiled West and Its Freshly Minted Infants” (Already Dead Tapes)


                When I hear the radio type noises on here, all I can help but think of is people stranded on an island, which of course takes my mind directly to the show “Lost”.   This could be a reproduction of a signal sent by that particular island on some level, but then it does manage to turn into something more as well.

                There are 8bit sounds on here.   They begin with these sort of synth bass explosions that I like to call “bombs away”, and then they turn into the laser firing sound of the Return of the Jedi game for Atari 2600.   These changes in direction of the music leave me with a little bit less hope.

                I imagine, at first, survivors being stranded on an island, yes, but then ultimately rather than being saved I think that there were bombs dropped upon them as sort of cover up.   This lead to some sort of disagreement between two nations and the space battle for the galaxy ensued. 

                Either that, or you could ponder how Lost could be a potential prequel to the Star Wars universe, but I’m not even going to open that can of worms right now.  Perhaps on the next listen through. 






No comments:

Post a Comment