Saturday, February 22, 2014

SPOTIFY REVIEW: Solids "Blame Confusion" (Fat Possum)

             While I am not entirely sure if I have ever heard anything on Fat Possum that I liked before, I feel like I must have because I know the label name.  Granted, I have listened to some albums I didn’t like on Fat Possum, but still, I feel like I know them for some reason and I just cannot place why or whom.

            And now the bar has been set by Solids.  Solids will from here on out be the band by which I judge all other bands on Fat Possum.  I now require all future Fat Possum releases to be as good as this because I’m pretty sure they can’t get much better.

            This is fast paced rock n roll that’s got distorted hardcore punk undertones.  It’s Local H meets the Replacements with a dash of Dandelion and I only wish that more bands were making music this good.  


No comments:

Post a Comment