Friday, February 14, 2014

SPOTIFY REVIEW: Marissa Nadler "July" (Sacred Bones)

              Back in 2013, I listened to “The Sister” by Marissa Nadler because it was one of those releases from 2012 that I somehow missed.  It was my introduction to Nadler and I feel like it was a good one because it left a lasting impression on me.

            Needless to say, I was excited for this review even though I didn’t feel as if maybe I had waited as long as others for it.   I remember the voice, the piano, the ambience, the acoustic sense of folk… and it was all still there.

            I can hear bits of Mazzy Star in here and the lyrics stand out a bit more to me as well, but overall this is just another great album from Nadler and I’m growing more and more into her music with every song that I hear.  


No comments:

Post a Comment