Monday, February 3, 2014

MP3 REVIEW: Veranear “Wrapped In the Warm Waves”


                I was thinking of doing a SBSR for this one, but I don’t want to dust it off just yet.  These are four songs (four songs again!) that vary from musical styles but also in length.  The first and last song are both five minutes a pop, but then the second song is nine minutes and the third eleven.

                There is synth and hints of shoegaze, with that lighter NIN feel and of course MBV.   There is also a keytar or possibly that weird instrument from the Masters of the Universe movie, I’m not sure which exactly.

                With a really good bass line at one point, ala Weezer’s “Only In Dreams”, and the last song bringing out the new wave, I’d say that this could be a band I look forward to a lot more from this year and just in years to come.  

No comments:

Post a Comment