Monday, February 3, 2014

MP3 REVIEW: Sharlyn Evertsz “CUNT” (MOMA091)


http://museumofmicrocassetteart.bandcamp.com/album/moma091-cunt

                The more I get into these MOMA releases the more that I like them.  I feel like I’ve typed that before and I might end up typing it with every release I review by them, but hey, this is some really good noise right here.

                We begin with some distorted synth, which reminds me of something industrial like that instrumental NIN feel.  From there we go into beeping, which reminds me of 8bit though I don’t think there are any Game Boys being used here.

                The noise continues and comes out what I describe as being either a minimalist fax machine or the sound of automobiles having sex.   In either case, it is very distinct and just something that needs to be heard by if not the world then at least by me some more.

                Would now be a good time to request that these MOMA releases be put out on cassette tape?

               I also really want to freestyle over the second track.

No comments:

Post a Comment