Friday, February 7, 2014

MP3 REVIEW: Bear State “If I Die, I Die” [single]

                The thing that I like about this Bear State song, and it’s not just musically good, is that it explores two different things but on greater levels.  On one hand, the title itself seems to take a nod to the Rocky character Ivan Drago who is perhaps best known for saying of Apollo Creed, “If he dies, he dies”.    Spoilers:  Apollo Creed would go on to die at the hand of Drago.


                Lyrically though, this song also seems to expand upon a lyric from a song by the band Bush and that lyric is “I’d die in your arms if you were dead too”.   I’ve always thought that was such a great line and to have a song centered around that concept, whether intentional or not, is pretty cool to this music nerd. 

http://bearstate.bandcamp.com/album/if-i-die-i-die-single

No comments:

Post a Comment