Tuesday, January 21, 2014

SPOTIFY REVIEW: Jennifer Nettles "That Girl"


            I’m willing to give most things a chance and I’m not sure why I thought that with this particular release because I don’t have any examples off of the top of my head, but despite being one half of the group Sugarland (whom I could really care less about) I felt like I still might like this.   As I was listening to this, I was just trying to dig up a comparison for it, in the sense of an example as to why I thought I might like this.

            On some level, I guess I thought it just wouldn’t be as country as Sugarland, as it might have that singer/songwriter feel to it.   With an acoustic vibe, this could have gone more toward the folk or Americana genre than country, but this to me just sounds like what I imagine Sugarland sounding like.

            I really wish I had an example of what I thought this was going to be like for me, in terms of what I was expecting, like “You know how The Beatles suck but John Lennon has really good solo albums” or… I don’t know what I was expecting because I can’t think of anyone like that.

            So, obviously this will be for fans of Sugarland but I wouldn’t look for it to bring any new fans.  How does it differ from a Sugarland album?  I have no idea, because I don’t listen to country on the whole, but from the description I’m guessing that Sugarland also has a male vocalist.  

No comments:

Post a Comment