Tuesday, January 21, 2014

SPOTIFY REVIEW: Blank Realm "Grassed Inn" (Fire Records)


            Blank Realm is that typical indie rock with punk vibe band ala The Replacements, Soul Asylum, Supergrass and The Replacements.   Yes, I noted The Replacements twice because they seem to have that much of an influence here.   There are vocal hints of Dylan and overall this just sounds like a song from Empire Records or something that I could just imagine a drunk crowd of people singing along with (i.e. hard to take seriously while sober)

            The best part of this album though is that they have a song entirely based upon falling down the stairs.  I shit you not, the chorus likes to repeat “Who’s falling down the stairs tonight?”   If nothing else, this song will bring back memories of that old commercial where that lady fell and was all, “I’ve fallen and I can’t get up”.

            Now if someone can just make a song themed around the “Where’s the Beef” commercial we’ll have a life complete.  I’m looking at you, Burger Records.  

No comments:

Post a Comment