Thursday, December 19, 2013

SPOTIFY REVIEW: High Highs "Open Season"



            It’s not that I dislike High Highs- it’s not that I dislike any music really- it’s just that I don’t really want to listen to them again.   Granted, if they were to come on a playlist or whatever somewhere I wouldn’t try to change them or whatever.   There is definitely worse music that I could be made to listen to in Starbucks or wherever people go when they leave their house. 

            In a large respect, this is what I like to call bliss pop.   There are hints of EFS in here, of course, but it also has that generic indie rock quality that causes it to sort of blend together.   While the songs aren’t bad, they’re best in small doses such as one at a time as opposed to trying to listen to an entire album full or even two in a row.  

No comments:

Post a Comment