Wednesday, November 6, 2013

SPOTIFY REVIEW: Super Wild Horses "Crosswords"


            I’m never really sure what a band will sound like before I listen to them because I don’t like to read about them, but this is one of those pleasantly surprising bands that I’ve found in this, The Year of Music. 

            I’d like to compare this with Buddy Holly, but I feel like that would set the wrong precedent because there are already too many bands that sound like a modern day Holly and, well, Super Wild Horses doesn’t actually sound like any of them.

            This could be kind of like Sahara Hotnights, who I see come up in my related artists sometimes which makes me want to review the albums of theirs I’ve never heard, or it also could be a much better version of The Yeah Yeah Yeah’s.


            In any event, this is good music with just genuine female vocals (and the occasional male backing vocals) and if a line like “I used to love you so / my hair was longer then” doesn’t completely sum up the wonder of this band that I’m not sure what will.  

No comments:

Post a Comment