Tuesday, November 12, 2013

SPOTIFY REVIEW: Melody’s Echo Chamber s/t


            What’s in a name?  It’s funny how some bands can be either congratulated or punished for their names.   If you hate the related act, then forget about the one it’s related to in some miniscule way, right?

            So, Melody Prochet has been in some bands before and now this is her solo project.  The one name that sticks out to me though is Tame Impala.  No, she was not a member of the band, but one of the band members did help produce this album.

            This brings me to the moral dilemma of how to proceed because to me Tame Impala is one of those bands that everyone seems to love and I just can’t seem to get into no matter how hard they’re shoved down my throat.


            I could best describe this as dream rock, though it also can get trippy at times, but I really just love these funky, distorted guitar solos.   For perhaps the first time in my time reviewing, I am willing to look past the whole name game because this is actually rather good.  

No comments:

Post a Comment