Wednesday, October 16, 2013

SPOTIFY REVIEW: Mazzy Star “Seasons of Your Day”

                The first thing that I learned from this album, which was always my most common misconception of Mazzy Star, is that rather than a solo performer, as the name might suggest, Mazzy Star is in fact a duo.   Probably best known for the song “Fade Into You”, they also have an album released after that one and now seventeen years later we have “Seasons of Your Day”.

                It was Center of the Sun who released a cover of “Fade Into You” that peaked my interest in Mazzy Star.  Sure, I knew the name from when I was a teenager, and the song that goes with it, but I never knew much beyond that.

                Though just so you can have a comparison point for the band today, in 2013, I have compared far too many other bands to being influenced by Mazzy Star and in this very Word document I have some notes on bands that compare them with Mazzy Star.   So to say that this band is influential is an understatement. 


                It was finally earlier this year that I purchased the CD “Fade Into You” appears on, and somehow in this Year of Music, Mazzy Star also releases this most excellent new album.   My mind is still blown.  

No comments:

Post a Comment