Monday, September 23, 2013

SPOTIFY REVIEW: Vampire Weekend “Modern Vampires of the City”

 
              While I have been a fan of previous Vampire Weekend albums and feel that reviewing this one would have been as simple as saying, “This one is good too”, which should come as no surprise really, I did feel the need to take the time to go out of my way and say something about this album.

                Many bands will find a pattern that works, get into the sort of mainstream spotlight, and then continue repeating that pattern so as to stay in said spotlight.  It’s what’s been keeping the Flaming Lips going all these years, right?


                But on this album, Vampire Weekend has really outdone themselves.  This is such a huge step above and beyond what they’ve done before, I was so pleasantly surprised.  I liked Vampire Weekend before, but compared to this their other music not just somehow seems less good.  

No comments:

Post a Comment