Sunday, September 29, 2013

SPOTIFY REVIEW: Lovers “A Friend in the World”

                While I have no real problem with the music of the band Lovers (It’s PJ Harvey fronting Blondie on some larger scale), I do not like that their name suggests that these songs are about love and, well, many of them are. 

                As I came to the conclusion that I don’t like love songs on any level, I began to wonder what are the lyrics that I like.    Do the words not have to do with love, no matter how veiled they might be? 

                So because of this band I now have the daunting task of hearing love on some level in every single song that I listen to from here on out.  Thus, my point is proved to be invalid because how can I not like love songs when really all songs are love songs?


                Thanks a lot, Lovers, you may have just ruined lyrics for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment