Monday, August 12, 2013

MP3 REVIEW: Mikey and the Drags “On The Loose!”

                Mikey and the Drags have the sound of a garage rock band only with organs.  I’m not entirely certain who to compare this with because I don’t listen to a lot of garage rock with organs, but I do know that once upon a time there was a band called The Gadjits and they were ska, but then they started making this type of music.

                It almost has that southern Baptist church sound to it, if you will.

                I’d also like to throw in the influences of The Briefs (whom I do remember) and Trail of Dead, while pointing out that this is the type of band that could have been on Sub Pop back when Sub Pop had The Thermals because I’m not entirely sure what is on Sub Pop now.    Mikey and the Drags would only enhance Sub Pop, but then again, most bands would.


                No, Mikey and the Drags deserve better than Sub Pop, so, umm… what do you say Burger Records?

No comments:

Post a Comment