Wednesday, July 31, 2013

MP3 REVIEW: Bunny the Girl “strange thoughts”

                Though only two songs, the music side of this instantly reminds me of Spoon for some reason.   Bunny the Girl seems to be that singer/songwriter type so obviously someone like Kimya Dawson is going to come out musically and vocally, but I also feel like this fits in rather well with someone such as Sledding With Tigers, which makes me believe this could be folk punk.
                I was told that this girl was only 17, but her second song is about drinking coffee and wishing she was drunk and smoking cigarettes.    Eh, but I guess when I was 17 I did all of those things too.   It wasn’t until I turned 23 that I stopped smoking and at 21 (oddly) I stopped drinking as much.  


                I do like these songs though and I’m told she has some more on Sound Cloud, so off to there I shall go next.  

No comments:

Post a Comment