Friday, May 10, 2013

MP3 REVIEW: Lazarus “Ketamine EP”

LazarusKetamine EP

            When I first listened to this EP- and Lazarus as a band in general- I made a note that this sounded like “Oasis + Husker Du”.   Wow, I must have been tripping balls back when I wrote that because upon further listening to the “Ketamine EP”, I can vaguely hear Husker Du, sure, but no Oasis.  

            So what this EP is exactly is a collection of six songs plus four what I like to think of as bonus tracks.   “Ketamine”, the title track, “Tattoos N’ Things” and “All Mine” come back as demos, while “All Mine” has a third version called an “alternate version’.   So it’s kind of like an EP with bonus stuff or something along those lines I guess.

            The music has a classic rock feel to it, mixed with folk and yet is somewhat trippy still to an extent.   It’s fairly mellow and spacey, and comes out sounding like a cross between Bob Dylan and Lou Reed and a more modern band such as The Flaming Lips.  

            These are six solid songs worth listening to by you, even if you don’t want to hear the bonus material.   Being the audiophile that I am, I’m in it for the bonus material. 

http://lazarusband.bandcamp.com/album/ketamine-ep

No comments:

Post a Comment