Wednesday, May 8, 2013

MP3 REVIEW: THE AWKWARDS s/t

THE AWKWARDS s/t
7 CHF to download / free to stream
            This has a pretty funky beat to it, which despite not being in their tags kind of makes me think they border along the lines of seapunk.   Granted, they can get into some shoegaze guitar distorted chords, but for the most part, they keep the dance party going in the background of it all. 
            I want to say they have some kind of jungle beat mixed with Queen, but I don’t know nearly enough about jungle beats to say that and sound like I know what I’m talking about.   (Though when has sounding like I don’t know what I’m talking about ever stopped me before?)
            They do eventually get some nice vocals ala Beck and, well, these are just four very enjoyable songs that are worth your time spent listening.   If and when this band creates more music, I for one look forward to listening to it. 
RIYL: The Polyphonic Spree, Modest Mouse

No comments:

Post a Comment