1) Is “No Randy No” a reference to Pee Wee’s Playhouse?
Naw, it's actually a reference to an Aziz Ansari bit involving his character RAAAAAAAANDY.
2) Is your band name a reference to Calvin and Hobbes? Because that’s what it always makes me think of for some reason.
You're right! It is!
3) What would you rather cover: “I Got a Man” by Positive K or “I Wish” by Skeelo?
I don't know the first song, and I love Skeelo, so this is an easy choice.
4) What is going on with the cover of “The Arrested Cats”?
My friend, Clark, got thrown into the drunk tank wearing a Keyboard Cat costume on Halloween. He's the best. He also got run over by a car on the way to one of our shows.
5) Stockton (The city you love, not the awesome basketball player John Stockton) is the first city in the U.S. to file for bankruptcy. What’s that about? Do you think maybe now you should go elsewhere in California?
Who knows? Maybe the Asparagus Festival didn't rake in the kind of money they were looking for (Stockton really has an Asparagus Festival). Also, I moved out of Stockton a year and a half ago, so I guess the answer to that last question is yes?
6) I have always subscribed to the theory that California is a few major earthquakes away from becoming Atlantis. If Snake Plisskan were to somehow enter the world of Beverly Hills 90210, who would be the last survivor: Brandon, Steve or Dylan?
What? Steve is a cool name.
7) Why is your new album title all x’s?
It's not really an album so much as it's two demos of songs that will be on a thing we release this summer. I just felt like putting them on the internet, and then I couldn't come up with a name, so I typed out X's in the pattern of a Paradiddle (Percussion Rudiment). RLRRLRLLRLRRLRLL. Does that make sense? I dunno. I'm dumb. I'm sorry.
8) What does your mother think of the song “The Kids Will Be Alright, Eventually”?
She doesn't care much for it.
9) If I ever get some sort of terminal disease like cancer, I’m going to contact Make-A-Wish and have my wish be to sing group vocals on one of your songs, so be prepared!
THIS ISN'T A QUESTION, BUT OK.
10) The Front Bottoms are coming to Connecticut soon. Are you coming with them?
NOPE. We're only playing the San Diego date, but you should say hi to Weatherbox for us. They're touring with them.
11) Final thoughts or recipes worth sharing?
Stop eating the pizza BEFORE you hate yourself, and then you will hate yourself less.