Sunday, April 21, 2013

MP3 REVIEW: The Violent Newborns “Demo”

The Violent NewbornsDemo
Name Your Price Download

            The first thing that I noticed about this band is their name and it’s kind of strange to me that more bands don’t have “violent” in the front of their name.   The only other one I could really think of immediately was obviously Violent Femmes.  Maybe I’m running in the wrong circles (not hardcore enough) but where has all the violence gone?

            The first song comes off like being fast paced rock but not punk enough to be punk rock.  I’d say it leans a little bit more closely to the artcore genre.  The second song is somewhere between Smashing Pumpkins and Hum (which is just terrific)  And the third song sounds more like the second but still not quite exactly the same.  This is fairly diverse enough but still holds itself together at three songs.  I say bring on an EP or LP, Violent Newborns.   I am ready for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment