1) What do you want people to hear most when they hear your music?
We want people to hear that God loves them. We want to live our lives as testimonies of what God has done in our lives, and hope that our music reflects that.
2) Having music on Band Camp, along with other such platforms in music right now such as Sound Cloud, Spotify and others, do you feel that music is moving into a virtual age? Personally, I fully support the idea of downloading songs for free from Band Camp and then if I like them buying them on vinyl.
I guess you could say music is moving into a virtual age, which is extremely beneficial for bands like us who just want to get our music out to as many people as possible and not worrying so much about making money. We love being able to put our music on Band Camp for anyone to hear and download for free. People hearing our songs is more important than getting paid to have written them.
3) How important of a factor do you feel that record labels play in music these days when pretty much anyone can put their music on the internet as opposed to having to hand out demo tapes at shows, the distribution record labels can offer, etc. It just seems like it’s a bit easier these days to succeed as a band- and even build up a strong fan base- before a label possibly comes calling for you.
I don't see us being anything more than a DIY band. If were on an actual label and had all the benefits they offer, like setting up tours, distributing our music, and working to get us a bigger fan base, in the end, it's all for the label's benefit. If we have 100% control over everything, sure we don't get the huge potential for reaching more people, but we have the ability to have everything we do be done exactly how we want it, without any hindrance from the label. So, yes, we think being signed to label can benefit you in some ways, but for us, having complete control over what we do is more important to us.
4) If you could tour with any single band or musician who would you pick and why?
If we could tour with anyone it would be our friend's band, Killer Bee. An amazing folk band and one of the best songwriters I can think of. Even though no one has ever heard of them and even though one of the members is in prison right now.
5) Who is your favorite New Kid on the Block?
Haha, we don't know who any of them are. Wait, one of them is Marky Marks brother right?
6) Who would win in a musical fight: Jack Black or Jack White?
Definitely Jack White.