Saturday, April 27, 2013

CD REVIEW: La Armada s/t

La Armada s/t
                When I first heard this and the fast paced drumming, I thought it was going to be punk with a hardcore influence.   In reality it turned out to be a most awesome collection of songs that are punk in their roots but have more of a metal influence than a hardcore influence.    The only other time I can recall hearing a band like this was Fall Silent and I don’t even know if they’re still around or not so this is a welcome addition to my daily mix.
                Also, these songs are sung in Spanish, just once again proving that music is the universal language.  (I don’t care what he’s singing about so much as the fact that he’s pissed and so am I.   For all I know he could be cutting a heel promo on Blue Demon)

No comments:

Post a Comment