Thursday, March 7, 2013

SBSR: Tokyo Gore Police “Spirals”

Tokyo Gore PoliceSpirals
<1> “Awaken, A Statue” – It’s really quiet so far and music and vocals are both only coming through faintly.   Not much to that song really.  Pretty quiet and unheard. 
<2> “Spirals” – This one comes on a bit stronger.  A nice drum beat going on in the back too.  Yeah, I do like this song better and can hear a bit more going on.   It’s maybe a cross between mae and something shoegaze… I don’t know, but it does sound nice.   I keep getting distracted so let me listen to this song again for the third time.    The vocals are kind of distant, but I still like it.  It has a FNL with vocals feel to it.   The first song on this, shall I call it an EP, made me not really sure about this band, but this song has kind of at least opened the door for me to like them.    I also like the idea of the spirals because this song does seem to be in a loop.
<3> “Mirrors” – We kick in with another drum machine beat and I’m hoping this will be more like track two than the first track.  And here come the vocals.   Okay, I’m just going to call this some really good dream pop and move on because I do like it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment