Tuesday, March 12, 2013

SBSR: ManCub “Business Dogs” (HUG Records)

ManCubBusiness Dogs” (HUG Records)
<1> “Science” – And the record begins with a funky dance beat.   This could definitely be new wave mixed with modern pop.    And here come the vocals.  This does remind me of The Human League, which just rules.   This has such a great beat to it.   It makes me want to dance.   This also does sound like a more club version of Garbage.  I had to make that comparison while I was here. 
<2> “Quite Possible” – I absolutely love the way that this song opens.    It’s so pop I want to see Boy George slap George Michael.    And this song has male vocals.  “Down here you can be anything you wanna be” This chorus has a sort of Ke$ha feel to it, which is not at all a bad thing. 
<3> “Intelligent Eyes” – This is kind of like a cross between the first two songs only with bigger beats.  Smack that bass drum!  Information or a generalization?  If I ever got to interview this band in person I’d just ask them that question over and over again and then probably get punched in the nose. 
<4> “Don’t Go Dying On Me” – This beat kicks in with something resembling screaming and then it gets all 8bit up in here.  This sounds a lot like the second song.   “And when the speakers start to blare you’ve got to give everything you can” – I have asthma. 
<5> “Chill out Bruh” – This could be the start of a New Kids on the Block song.  Now some Hellogoodbye vocals are kicking in.   Dance break down near the 2:15 mark.   This song still makes me want to go hard.   Wow and that ended rather suddenly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment