1) What do you want people to hear most when they hear your music?
I think they want to be taken outside of their existence - anyway, that's what happens to me when i play it. of course, everyone will experience it differently.
2) Having music on Band Camp, along with other such platforms in music right now such as Sound Cloud, Spotify and others, do you feel that music is moving into a virtual age? Personally, I fully support the idea of downloading songs for free from Band Camp and then if I like them buying them on vinyl.
It's been in a virtual age for a while, that keeps evolving. Vinyl is still niche and unsustainable environmentally. It's a nice product though, especially if you record analogue, and vinyl is not restricted by resolution like CDs are, depending on how it's pressed. Regarding Bandcamp, it makes me very happy that people can download hi-res files, and show extra support by paying more if they want. It's a great platform. I think Soundcloud is a great platform for promotion and airplay.
3) How important of a factor do you feel that record labels play in music these days when pretty much anyone can put their music on the internet as opposed to having to hand out demo tapes at shows, the distribution record labels can offer, etc. It just seems like it’s a bit easier these days to succeed as a band- and even build up a strong fan base- before a label possibly comes calling for you.
Virtuality has changed the level of exposure and control over your career, which is huge. It has always been true that the more you succeed on your own, the more control you potentially have if you get signed. Touring makes it even more powerful. I wouldn't say virtuality makes success easier; on the contrary, the internet is mostly musicians trying to get your attention. The amount of control can be daunting to some if you don't have design skills or aren't tech savvy. If you can harness all that power in a provocative way, you will probably become successful on some level. Labels still excel at distribution and tour administration. They still have more credibility with press, and alot of them lately more artist-centric.
4) If you could tour with any single band or musician who would you pick and why?
the soft moon because i love them, and i think our music would go well together.
5) Who is your favorite New Kid on the Block?
6) Who would win in a musical fight: Jack Black or Jack White?
white of course, but they're both cool.