Monday, February 25, 2013

INTERVIEW: White Blush

1) What do you want people to hear most when they hear your music? the sewer! and the stars! that's all

2) Having music on Band Camp, along with other such platforms in music right now such as Sound Cloud, Spotify and others, do you feel that music is moving into a virtual age?  Personally, I fully support the idea of downloading songs for free from Band Camp and then if I like them buying them on vinyl. The other day I heard a commercial for Spotify advertising their new subscription services, "You never have to pay for music again!" I was thinking, "Yayyyy!
wait a minute.."

3) How important of a factor do you feel that record labels play in music these days when pretty much anyone can put their music on the internet as opposed to having to hand out demo tapes at shows, the distribution record labels can offer, etc. It just seems like it’s a bit easier these days to succeed as a band- and even build up a strong fan base- before a label possibly comes calling for you.  When I see bands get a billion likes and listens without a label, I believe it.

4) If you could tour with any single band or musician who would you pick and why? John Maus, because he is a real philosophy professor. His brain is like always on the verge, about to explode, and I think his materiality is just holding him back. He's so fun!

5) Who is your favorite New Kid on the Block? I like MC Hammer, I especially when hipsters wear Hammer pants in the year 2013.

6) Who would win in a musical fight: Jack Black or Jack White? Jack Black. "There is no secret!"

No comments:

Post a Comment