1) What do you want people to hear most when they hear your music?
We'd like people to decide what stands out to them on their own, what moves them, if anything. We really dont think of our music that way ourselves.. Nothing is designed sonically to stand out more than anything else.
2) Having music on Band Camp, along with other such platforms in music right now such as Sound Cloud, Spotify and others, do you feel that music is moving into a virtual age? Personally, I fully support the idea of downloading songs for free from Band Camp and then if I like them buying them on vinyl.
Yeah, it totally is. We've always been about giving our music away for free. It seems silly to charge people for a digital download they're going to get one way or another anyway, might as well make sure it gets in more ears. We're thankful for any money people do contribute when they do.. it's certainly a different game now, and we're well aware of that.
3) How important of a factor do you feel that record labels play in music these days when pretty much anyone can put their music on the internet as opposed to having to hand out demo tapes at shows, the distribution record labels can offer, etc. It just seems like it’s a bit easier these days to succeed as a band- and even build up a strong fan base- before a label possibly comes calling for you.
Labels aren't quite as important for starting out as a band as they used to be.. and until you get to a certain level, you shouldn't be interested in getting yourself or your band into any considerable debt a lower level label might create for you. Especially considering the lack of money coming back in these days.. On other levels, it's hard to break through certain ceilings unless you're some overnight sensation or something.. which frankly most of us aren't. Distribution is a big one. General clout.. Getting onto larger level tours or securing a decent booking agent, blah blah. It never hurts to have someone in your court repping for you.
4) If you could tour with any single band or musician who would you pick and why?
Active or inactive?! Just one?! Thats like choosing my last meal on death row.. we'd probably all agree on the Deftones. We all grew up on them, and we'd be a pretty damn solid fit. I think Abe Cunningham is pretty much the reason Aaron started playing the drums. him and Dave Grohl I think..
5) Who is your favorite New Kid on the Block?
I dont know. If I named one I'd just be bullshitting.
6) Who would win in a musical fight: Jack Black or Jack White? Jack Black definitely rules, but Jack White would slice in him in half with his axe on fire.