Anti- Winter EP v/a
1) “Leaving of Liverpool” by Shane McGowan w/Johnny Depp and Gore Verbinski – Obviously they just wanted this song on the sampler because of the star power. If you’ve ever heard Flogging Molly (when they were good) then you’ve heard this song before.
2) “Splitter” by Calexico – Really, you should know the lighter, folkish indie rock of Calexico by now.
3) “These Days” by Dr. Dog – For that matter, you should also know who Dr. Dog is.
4) “Dept. of Disappearance” by Jason Lytle – Elliott Smith wannabe.
5) “Downwind” by Sean Rowe – This sounds like surf rock, but has these deep vocals that aren’t quite Tom Waits. I keep getting emails from ANTI- about Sean Rowe (I never read them) so I was curious as to what he sounded like exactly. This is fairly impressive. When his voice gets higher, not so much, but for the most part, yes.
6) “The Magic Clap” by The Coup – A song that is not from “Get Him to the Greek” and is by a band that sounds a lot like Outkast.
7) “Psycho Main Title” by Petra Haden – This is the song from “Psycho” (You know the one) only some sort of weird vocal-only way. It’s… interesting.
8) “Everything is Broken” by Bettye LaVette – This is some Janis Joplin type blues rock I can’t definitely get behind.